Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chicken Stirfry

A friend of mine recently asked for a good chicken recipe that the kids would like, so I told her about Sticky Chicken. I thought I'd use the same idea for supper tonight, with a few changes.

CHICKEN STIRFRY
ketchup (3 good squirts)
brown sugar (3 handfuls)
soy sauce (3 generous splashes)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
Teriyaki Seasoning
3 chicken breasts, cubed
oil
broccoli, onions, bell peppers

Mix together the first three ingredients. Stir in cornstarch (this is probably optional... I thought it might keep the sauce from being too runny, but I ended with little white bits in my stirfry, so next time I'd probably leave it out, or mix it in better!) Season chicken with Teriyaki Seasoning and cook in oil over medium-high heat. When chicken is almost completely cooked, add vegetables and cook for a few more minutes. Add sauce and continue cooking until veggies are done. Serve stirfry over rice.
This was yummy. There was no fighting at the table - the kids just ate! It was lovely.
Pin It!

No comments: