Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sausage & Spinach Pasta Bake (again)

The recipes that everyone sent me a few weeks ago were so awesome, we've been eating them again this past week. I made Prima Soup a few days ago, and tonight I made the Sausage & Spinach Pasta Bake. I changed things up ever so slightly, and it was still fabulous. (Seriously, my daughter gets a crazy look in her eye when I tell her we're having this meal for supper. She ate more than I did tonight! I had to say no when she asked for thirds!)

Anyway, instead of a bag of baby spinach, I used up a half-package of frozen chopped spinach that I had in the freezer. Then I added about 1 c. chopped mushrooms (I cooked them at the same time as the onion, garlic, and sausage.) Then I got lazy with the pesto - instead of making it (like I did last time) or buying it (which I'm too cheap to do), I just bought a package of fresh basil, chopped it up, and added about 3 tbsp. parmesan cheese. (When I make pesto, I use basil, parmesan, olive oil, and pine nuts, so this time I just omitted the olive oil and pine nuts.)

So basically it tasted exactly the same, it just had less spinach, some mushrooms, and no pine nuts. It was delicious!
Pin It!

No comments: