Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This gots a nice flavour!

Last night I pulled out some chicken from the freezer. I think (though I can't be certain) that it was Teriyaki Chicken that I made back in December. (For those to lazy to click on the link, here's the marinade recipe:)

1 tbsp. Teriyaki Seasoning
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 tsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. ginger paste
1 tsp. minced garlic

I sliced up some carrots and tossed them in my bamboo steamer along with a clove of garlic, cut into 3 or 4 pieces. (I'm not sure if the steamed garlic really added any flavour to the carrots or not, but I didn't feel like mincing it.) If you haven't used a bamboo steamer before, it's very simple: Put some parchment paper down and lay your food in the steamer. Close the lid, and place the steamer in a wok. Pour enough water in the bottom so that it just comes up the side of the steamer a teeny bit. Turn it on medium-high heat, and let the steamer work its magic! My carrots were done in about 10-15 minutes.

This chicken was delicious! I grilled it up in my new grill pan for about 15 minutes (sorry, I didn't time it, so that's just an educated guess.) My daughter thought the whole meal was awesome. She was especially excited over the Teriyaki Sidekicks noodles that I served along with it. She said they gots a nice flavour. She's my little homie.
Pin It!

No comments: