Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Best Chocolate Cake!

I don't normally bake, because I'm usually pretty bad at it. But I felt like making a chocolate cake for dessert the other night, and I found this recipe in one of my Epicure cookbooks.
Here's my adapted version:
BLACK MAGIC CHOCOLATE CAKE
7/8 c. flour (I halved the recipe, so that's why it's a weird amount - it originally called for 1 3/4 c.)
1 c. sugar
6 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. strong coffee, cold
1/2 c. sour cream (the original recipe called for buttermilk, but I thought this would make it moister)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Sift together dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients and add to flour mixture. Beat for 2 minutes, then pour into an 9" round pan (greased and floured). Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. After it has cooled, ice with homemade icing (mix together approx. 1/3 c. butter, 3/4 c. icing sugar, 2 tbsp. cocoa, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1-2 tbsp. milk)

This cake was so moist and decadent and just plain awesome. I'd invite you over to have some, but I ate it all yesterday.
Pin It!

No comments: