Monday, March 14, 2011

Maple Chicken Sloppy Joes

Our renos aren't entirely finished, but my kitchen is semi-functional so tonight I made my first supper from scratch in over three weeks!  It felt so good!  My daughter helped me whip up some Maple Chicken Sloppy Joes (from Rachael Ray's show).  I chopped up the veggies and made the sauce ahead of time (which only took 5  minutes) and then it only took about 15 minutes to make supper.  I used ground chicken instead of turkey, and I just realized that I forgot to put the cider vinegar in the sauce, so apparently that ingredient is optional since the recipe tasted just fine!  I left out the scallions (and definitely the chopped pickles, cuz that just sounds gross) but we did serve them up on toasted buns and topped them off with grated cheddar cheese.  The whole family loved this recipe, and it was so simple to make.  It was a great way to ease back into cooking after such a long hiatus.
Pin It!

No comments: