Monday, January 17, 2011

Epicure's Cha-cha Chicken Chili

I tried the Tortilla Soup. I tried the Pulled Pork. I tried the Jambalaya. They were all amazing, and tonight's Cha-cha Chili was no exception. These are all from the "What's For Dinner" collection in the new Epicure Selections catalogue. This chili was ridiculously fast and simple to make, and pretty darn healthy too! It takes less time to make this meal than it would to go through a drive-thru at McDonald's, and it only cost me $4 for the ground chicken, less than $2 each for the beans and tomatoes, and the seasoning package costs $3.95. The packet says it makes 4 servings, but I think we got about 6 servings out of it. So it works out to less than $2 per serving!

EPICURE'S CHA-CHA CHILI
1 lb. ground chicken or beef (I used chicken)
1 package Cha-cha Chili seasoning mix
1 - 19 oz. can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 - 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (I used low-sodium)
1 c. frozen corn (this isn't part of the recipe on the packet, but I think it adds a nice touch!)

Brown the meat (and drain if necessary), add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer. Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream and grated cheese if you like.
I love the list of ingredients for this seasoning packet: onion, red bell pepper, spices, green bell pepper, tomato, garlic, salt, ancho chili. Since I rinsed off my kidney beans and used a low-sodium can of tomatoes, this meal had almost no salt in it at all! But it had tons of flavour, and you could easily spice it up with some chipotle or cayenne powder if you like it muy caliente!
Pin It!

No comments: